Total Pageviews

Friday, June 27, 2014

Transition and Possibilities

Here I am at a major crossroad again, exploring exciting possibilities for my personal journey. Bootstrapping has been halted for two months, as I made a radical decision leaving a dead-end job and pursued consulting gigs as a DC entrepreneur.

Yes I am surprised that I am still in DC, as a one-year old Social Enterprise scholar/practitioner who struggles to make sense and sells his credentials to continue boostrapping. And DC over time seems more and more bleak -- risk aversion of DC folks seems repulsive to me and there are less and less people I want to connect with.

In times of transition, it is easy to make up and feel the emotions of regrets. Damn! Why did I have to pick this degree and take all those classes? Why didn't I see what I see now? Could have take web dev and programming classes! Could have gone to Boston dadada ... But hey, where I am now, having met my partner in crime for a lifetime, is priceless, indeed!

As I am constantly bothered by the existence of only 2-3 possibilities going forward, I have been looking for a job for two months, while running my venture and hunting down more consulting gigs. It is a dream to enter a new era of my career, having a full time job in the same field as my venture. But the reality is quite a few major changed have to happen to reach it. Now decisions take two.

And two months have passed where I am launching a new portal that opens up a whole world of possibilities for Indonesian graduates. I am exploring opportunities for Sarjana and found quite a few -- a few revenue generating products, a few partners and a few short-term goals. 

I am not the kind of person who can sit back and relax for a prolonged period of time, yet! It is unhealthy half the time because the feeling of uneasiness cripples me. But transitions in the past have helped me make decisions that I am proud of and mistakes that I learned from. As scary and lonely it is being with my own thoughts, I have to tell myself that I have to be OK with my own character, that I have never seen my life as the keep-it-simple kind. My dream is complex and I am sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment